We have had some clients asking about Google Plus (or + as it's referred to often). "What are the advantages?" "Do I really need to worry about another social media site"? And then there are those who don't even really know about Google Plus. " Why your business need to be on Google Plus NOW ?"
The simple answer: YES and DO IT NOW! Here is why:
Think about it this way for a minute. What is your 'go to' search engine when you want to find something? Answer: Google. If Google Plus is a service developed by Google, don't you think it's wise to use their own social media platform? Answer: Yes - bottom line, companies using Google Plus are being rewarded with better search engine results. Yes folks, Google Plus will improve your Search Engine Optimization (SEO) results. It's a no brainer.
We are no longer talking about just a few thousand users either. There are now over 400 Million registered users and 100 Million ACTIVE users on Google Plus. It's not a Billion - but it is significant and growing.
Here are other benefits:
- Integration with other Google services
- Circles allow you to choose fans/friends/followers based on any category you wish
- Much better mobile app - loads faster, better design especially for Android users - according to Morgan Stanley, it is projected that mobile users will surpass desktop users in 2014 - Facebook's mobile app is horrible compared to Plus
- Use Google Adwords? It easily integrates.
- We already talked about it but Plus increases your visibility and SEO ranking - Google indexes Plus posts - they do not index Facebook nor Twitter posts
- Photo Gallery is better than Facebook when it comes to viewing. Use the editing tools to enhance your photos. AND the Instant Mobile Uploading feature is very convenient and saves a lot of time.
- Increase your Brand when followers +1 you (Google+s way of saying you 'Like' the post)
- Google Hangouts - video chats - pretty cool feature
There is a definite shift going on as we speak. We are headed towards a network of Social Influence. So jump on, hold tight and ride this wave with us. It can only help drive revenue and brand awareness, right?